1914 CNR Caboose

This caboose was built in 1914 at Winnipeg, Manitoba.  This 20 ton piece of rolling stock was built for Canadian Northern Railway, one of Canada’s three transcontinental railways.  Canadian Northern became part of Canadian National Railway in 1923 and this caboose was used by CN until the 1950s.  After it was donated to the Museum it was completely restored to reflect the interior and exterior of a CNR caboose in the mid-1900s.