Colinville - Grace Episcopal Church

Black and white photo of small wooden building

Grace Episcopal Church was built in Colinville, which stretched from Kimball Road to Waubuno Road along Rokeby Line. It was constructed in 1856 by a parish formed in 1848.  Colin Archibald McDiarmid severed a parcel of land for the church and its cemetery from his own property.  The church records were preserved by Mr. Carter, a parishioner, who unfortunately lost his home to a fire, and so no records remain today.

Services were held only until 1887 and the building was demolished in 1918.  The timbers were used in a driveshed built by Mr. Cruickshank, a neighbor. Landmarks remaining of Colinville are the Grace Episcopal Cemetery and a granite marker for S. S. #7.